Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His name, He hears us, and if we know that He hears us, we know we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. –I John 5:14-15
Talking to men for God is a great thing, but talking to God for men is greater still. – E.M. Bounds
Prayer—informed and inspired by the Holy Spirit—remains the most powerful weapon in a Christian’s arsenal, the most productive investment of time and energy we can make, and the most efficient path to spiritual maturity we can take.
That’s why everything we do in ministry at Calvary Boise is rooted and grounded in conversations with Christ. It’s also why we encourage every church family member to take personal prayer seriously. Everyone has needs. God has solutions. He tells us to ask—for our own sakes and the benefit of others. So, we eagerly receive prayer requests and are privileged to come together in intercession—praying for others, reflecting the selfless heart of Christ.
Every believer is meant to intercede on behalf of the people God loves and the world we all share. We make intercession easy for you with these options for individual and communal prayer:
INTERCEDE AT HOME, OR WHEREVER YOU ROAM:
• CALVARY BOISE PRAYER TEAM: Members of this team do not commit to a specific time of day but typically do pray daily for the needs of the church. Each morning (right around midnight) they receive an email with the daily prayer requests from our church family here and on the global mission field. These requests are also posted on this Website under the About Us Tab on the Home Page. To receive daily emails click here: Church Family Prayer Task Force Sign Up
• GLOBAL MISSIONS PRAYER TEAM: This group receives a weekly newsletter with prayer requests, updates and images from the missions we support. These exist in Canada, Germany, India, Italy, Mexico, Romania, Sierra Leone, and Slovenia. To receive emails send a request to Global Missions Prayer Team Sign Up
• WOMEN WARRIORS OF PRAYER: These women receive periodic prayer requests from other women in the church family. They also commit to praying ten minutes each day for the specific needs of the Women’s Ministry. Women's Prayer Team Sign Up
• MEN’S PRAYER GROUP: These men receive weekly emails with daily prayer focus suggestions to help them systematically pray for the needs of the Men’s Ministry. Men's Prayer Team Sign Up
INTERCEDE DURING WORSHIP SERVICES:
• Teams of two or more prayer warriors meet in the prayer room during each worship service to pray for the Holy Spirit’s divine intervention and leading in all that is taking place in the sanctuary. All are welcome. To make an ongoing commitment, email email@example.com.
INTERCEDE WITH OTHERS THROUGHOUT THE WEEK:
There are many opportunities to gather with other members of the church family. These are open meetings and there is no need to sign up. Just come and seek God.
• The Prayer Room is open each weekday morning at 6:30AM and remains available for open-prayer until 8:30AM.
• Military Prayer is held on Monday nights at 6:30PM. A dedicated team gathers in the Prayer Room to lift up the needs of servicemen and women. Everyone is welcome to join.
• Pray for Global Missions occurs on Thursday nights at 7:00PM. This group gathers in the Prayer Room to pray specifically for workers around the globe. They also FaceTime missionaries to personally encourage their work and get a first-hand update on adventures in the mission field.
• Monday mornings at 8:30AM everyone is welcome to meet in the Calvary Boise Lobby to join a campus prayer walk seeking God’s will in all that happens at church during the upcoming week.
• Ladies' Noontime Prayer meets Wednesdays from 12:00Pm-1:00PM in the church Lobby to pray with you over any needs you have, as well as those of our church body. We are ready and we are thankful for the opportunity to come together and intercede.
• Friday mornings at 9:15AM all are encouraged to join a team that prays over every chair in the sanctuary and balcony to seek God’s perfect will and the presence of the Holy Spirit in the lives of all who will attend the weekend services. Prayer is also offered over the pulpit and the worship area. (It takes about a half hour to an hour depending upon how many prayer warriors participate.)