Each short-term mission trip should provide long-term benefit to Christ’s Church both locally and abroad by achieving the following four-fold objective:
- Benefiting a long-term effort by either partnering with a local, existing ministry or laying the foundation for a new one.
- Deepening the relationship between the church sponsoring the short-term mission and the existing or newly established ministry.
- Developing all participants’ capacity for ministry both before and during the short-term mission. This applies to both those who are sent and their supporters
- Encouraging individual team members to walk in faith in Christ and the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
There are three types of short-term missions:
- local or in-state
- domestic or western hemisphere
- long-distance international
Calvary Boise is committed to long-term partnerships with a variety of local, domestic, and international ministries and church plants. To accomplish these objectives in relation to each mission outreach, locations are rotated to reoccur every three-to-five years. Therefore, not all mission trips are offered each year.
Long-Term Church Planting
We desire to disciple believers at Calvary Boise in a way that lifts up Christ and His Great Commission so that the natural result is an emphasis on long-term missions. We want to send preachers of the Gospel on a long-term basis to make disciples among those who currently have little-to-no knowledge of Christ or existing Bible-teaching churches. Everyone can participate in this important cause by helping meet missionaries’ needs and supporting them with prayer.
If you would like more information about our missions or have a heart to be sent as a long-term missionary please contact email@example.com.
How do I Become a Missionary?
If you would like more information about becoming a missionary, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.