May 4, 2017
Therefore in all things He had to be made like unto His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God . . . Hebrews 2:17
• Please pray for an anonymous person who is asking for God's help to avoid dwelling on past mistakes and things that can’t be changed, or worrying about future unknowns. Pray he or she has the ability to live in the present moment and put all faith and trust in "knowing I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be."
• A person shares that “I need prayer for self-love and appreciation. My family left and moved in the middle of the night. I miss them and want them back.” Pray that God will be the source of this individual’s self-identity and security and that he or she will find joy in the midst of disappointment.
• Pray for Javier who is trapped in a cycle of generational sin that is severely affecting his marriage and His relationship with Christ. Ask that the bondage will be broken and that Christ will by glorified in his testimony.
• Pray that Cheri will get a job soon, if it is God’s will. Without employment, she will have to sell her home. The cost of upkeep exceeds her budget. Ask that God’s will be apparent and that if she is to move she will be able to find the right apartment.
• Today is the National Day of Prayer. Ask that Christians will unite to repent and seek revival. Pray that the Lord will hear our humble pleas and that He will heal our land as only He can. Pray for great attendance at the rally today at noon on the Statehouse steps. Pray that obstacles to attendance will be removed by the power of the Holy Spirit.
• Continue to pray for our upcoming Church Assembly Weekend. Ask that God will be glorified in every aspect.
• Pray for the Special Needs Classroom workers. Ask that the Holy Spirit will give them wisdom, and insight and help them see the needs of each child as He sees them. Pray that as a church we are open to learning all the Lord wants to teach us through these children and that each will be met with patience, understanding and Christ’s love.