Daily Prayer Requests
MONDAY, JUNE 5
Then Jacob said, ‘O God of my father Abraham, and God of my father Isaac; the Lord who said to me, ‘Return to your country, and to your family, and I will deal well with you. I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth that You have showed to Your servant; for I crossed over this Jordan with my staff and now I have become two companies. Deliver me I pray from the hand of my brother, from the hand of Esau. -Genesis 32: 9-11.
Jacob had no self-concept issues. He clearly understood that God was the all-powerful source of everything good that had ever happened to him. He also realized he hadn't done a thing to deserve God's favor. This realistic perspective gave him an abundance of hope and faith that God could protect Him no matter how menancing Esau seemed. He humbly prayed that the God who was able to care for him, would act on His behalf.
Today as you pray for God's perfect will for our church, (and the specific needs of our family members) think about this perfect pattern for prayer. Contemplate what God's already done for you and like Jacob believe that His will for you will continue to be best.
- Please pray for Josh who is struggling with addiction. Also pray for Amber who is newly sober. Pray that she maintains her sobriety.
- Please pray for members of our church family to have the opportunity to do a short-term mission trip to Canada this August, if it is God’s will
- Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.
- Pray for the prayer ministry at Calvary Arroyo Grande in California. They are launching a 24-hour-prayer team similar to the one at Calvary Boise. Pray that people will be passionate about prayer.
- Please pray for Steve, a young man suffering from advanced pancreatic cancer. Ask that God will give him comfort, wisdom and faith. Pray for his parents who are his primary caregivers. Ask that hospice will become involved at the right time and that the entire family will be able to rest in God
- Pray for Denise’s four adult children to find the Christian spouses that will perfectly complete their lives and help them find their way to the center of God’s will.
- Pray for Seth who struggles with depression. Ask for his total healing and that his life will be entirely given over to Jesus.