DAILY PRAYER REQUESTS
Monday, July 17
“Fear not; for I am with you: be not dismayed; for I am your God: I will strengthen you; yes I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”-Isaiah 41: 10.
Dear Prayer Warriors:
We all go through hard, hard times. Yesterday I spoke with a woman who was in one of those really difficult places. "Is God mad at me?" she asked. Of course not! God's love for His children always endures. But, it's easy to fall into the trap of believing that God doesn't see, or care about our troubles. Satan, our great enemy, wants us to question Our Father's faithfulness when the only thing we should doubt is our doubt. The following words written almost 200 years ago ring true today. Our God is always on our side.
If you encounter any seemingly impossible trial, pray. Pray that it be relieved or changed. Someone disabled by sickness may pray for health that he may do his work; or one impeded by emotional turmoil may pray that it will come to an end, that she may serve better the truth and the right, or, if we have a habitual sin, we may pray to be delivered from it, in order to serve God and man, that we would not be a tool of Satan used to mislead and destroy. But the answer to prayer may be, as it was to Paul, not the removal of the thorn, but, instead, a growing insight, into its meaning and value of the affliction. The voice of God in our soul may show us, that His strength will enable us to bear it.
About the Author: James Freeman Clark was a nineteenth-century Unitarian minister, social reformer and author. A pioneer in the field of comparative religion and a colleague of literary titans Emerson, Thoreau and Hawthorne, he lived from 1810 until 1888.
- Pray for the Women’s Summer Picnic, Tuesday July 18, at 6:30 pm at the BSU Amphitheater. Ask that God will bless the speaker Lizzie Dyrud and that women will be touched by her message. Pray too that lasting friendships will form.
- An anonymous couple ask us to pray that their new business venture will bring glory to God!
- Please pray for Michelle’s parents. Her mom is diabetic and Michelle asks that her condition would stabilize. Her dad has a stomach ailment that makes it difficult for him to eat so he needs to gain weight to be healthy. Neither parent is a believer. Pray that they would turn to Jesus and allow Him to be their personal Great Physician.
- Please pray for Kris who is severely autistic.
- Please pray for Doris M. to be healed from her surgery.
- An anonymous person asks us to “please pray for my resolve to be able to not make decisions when it involves those I care deeply for, that are to my detriment and ultimately damaging to my relationship with that person.” Pray for wisdom and discernment from the Holy Spirit.
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us, and if we know that He hears us, we know we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. - I John 5:14-15