DAILY PRAYER REQUESTS
Words of Wisdom
And continues in supplications and prayers night and day.– I Timothy 5: 5.
You who make mention of the Lord, do not keep silent, and give Him no rest till he makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth. – Isaiah 62: 6,7.
This year marks the centennial of Andrew Murray's death. Yet, the insight of the humble Scotsman who preached throughout South Africa resonates with us today. Here's a choice nugget from the Andrew Murray file:
"God seeks intercessors. He will not, He cannot, take the work out of His Church. And so he comes, calling and asking in many ways. It is by the man whom he raises up to live a life of faith in His service, that He proves how actually and abundantly He answers prayer. His Church makes prayer for souls its starting-point and bears testimony to God’s faithfulness.
In these and many other ways God is showing us what intercession can do, and beseeching us to wake up and train all believers to be a people of intercessors."
- Yvonne asks that we please pray for the post-abortion prison ministry. This Thursday, the women she teaches will complete an eight-week group study. The women have made wonderful progress in healing and knowing God. Two women had to miss last week. Pray that they would be able to come this time. And pray that the teaching and receiving is anointed by the Holy Spirit.
- Melissa is leading another post-abortion group in another women's facility. Pray also for them. Pray too that the Lord would raise up a leader for a men’s post abortion healing study. They often need it too
- Please pray for the Muslim community tomorrow. It is the 27th night of Ramadan (Laylat al-Qadr or Night of Destiny). It is a special time when they expect to draw closer to God and are much more focused on prayer. There are many reports of Muslims having dreams or visions of Jesus on this night. Pray for Muslim families around the world to have a special awareness of the presence of God and a revelation of Who the true God is.
- Continue to pray for Eric who was hit while riding his bike last Sunday. He remains in critical condition in ICU. Pray for him and his family. Ask that they will develop a greater awareness of Christ through all of this.
- Inez, a sister from a Calvary Chapel in California, asks us to pray for her upcoming visit to Boise. She plans on bringing her son to our church and asks that we pray that his heart will be changed and that he surrenders to God.
Pray for Christiena to be gracious towards the Christians she lives with. Pray that she will hunger and thirst for Jesus.
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us, and if we know that He hears us, we know we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. - I John 5:14-15