DAILY PRAYER REQUESTS
June 10, 2017
Words of Wisdom
“I have set watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem; They shall never hold their peace day nor night: You who make mention of the Lord do not keep silent.”-Isaiah 62:6.
We'd all be wise to keep watch over our hearts and minds--taking every opportunity to glorify God by the power of the Holy Spirit and never allowing ourselves to be overwhelmed by the pressures of this world. The reality is we all fall off the wall sometimes. There are days when its easy to tumble into fear, despair, gloom and doubt When that happens remember God is as near as your very breath. He makes it clear, all we have to do is say, "help." When we draw near to God, He always draws near to us. (James 4:8.) Before you pray today, ask God to come close, help you through the hard places, take away the tendency to sin, and propel you further down a path of faith.
- Pray for Caleb, whose dad Greg passed away in April after a long and difficult illness. Caleb is going through serious internal physical problems. Doctors are trying to determine the cause and treat him. He has been very quiet since his dad Greg left this life in April. Our team spent many months praying for Greg. Now, please pray for God to heal Caleb, either through a miracle or through medical treatment. Caleb is just a young man getting ready to continue college and go to work when he is able to.
- Pray for Dorothy, a grandma, who recently moved to Idaho. Pray for her health and her husband Hall’s smoking problem. He is also struggling with being able to eat what he wants to eat. Pray that they will both make Jesus the Lord and King of their lives.
- Pray for Susan’s to grow in her love of God.
- Please pray for Ruben to change his mindset and not be so controlling with his sister. He is really messed up mentally and needs a great deal of spiritual help. He lost his mother last year and has been having issues ever since. He knows God, but does not come to church or read the Bible. Pray he comes to a place where he will come to his knees and call on God.
- Please pray strength and comfort for Sabrina who has experienced the deaths of four relatives and close friends during the last three months. Her father-in-law died Friday. She is brokenhearted, grief-stricken, and overwhelmed since she has also been taking caring for her husband, Alex, who has lung cancer that has metastasized to his brain. Please pray the Holy Spirit will comfort her and draw her near. Above all pray that she will receive Jesus as her Lord and Savior.
- Please pray for Sandra who has been through a hard time. In March her dear, Christian mother went to be with Jesus, just two-and-a-half years after Sandra’s dad passed away. Also in March, her eldest son, Jonathan, was sentenced to five years in prison. She asks for fervent prayer for Jonathan who has been incarcerated off and on for more than a decade. Pray that he will finally yield his life to Jesus once and for all. Pray that he will be transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit and walk into God’s perfect will for his life. Pray too that God comforts Sandra and provides for all her needs.