Sunday, May 21, 2017
Sunday, May 21, 2017
Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months. And he prayed again and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit. James 5:17, 18.
We are so blessed that our Jesus is an equal opportunity Savior. His gracious gift is available to every tribe, and tongue and people. So is the privilege of prayer. Today, as you pray for our church to be led by the Holy Spirit, praise God that we are all welcome in Heaven's throne room.
- Pray that God will heal my broken heart and restore relationships. Ask God to soften the hearts of those who have turned against me. Please pray that God will bless those who hate me and that He will remove their pride while helping me better understand God’s path for my life.
- Pray that God protects our family from the enemy and that God's wisdom, strength and love will flow from each family member. Also ask the Lord to show us what school would be best for our 16-year-old son. Pray that God gives us wisdom as to where he should play basketball.
- Please pray that God will deliver me from despair. I feel uncertain about the future for my son and me. Pray that God will give me peace.
- Please pray for my family that we may find a way to reunite through forgiveness. I am struggling to forgive my mother and the destructive things she said to my children that have caused us to fall away from one another.
- Pray for Michelle who has been struggling with a fever for a week. Doctors can’t determine what’s wrong. Please pray that God heals her quickly.
- Pray for a young man named Jackson who needs guidance and is facing some serious issues. Pray that he gives his life to Jesus and also that his mother continues to have strong faith that the Lord has a plan in all of this.
- Continue to pay for the family of Jerry Coburn who has not been seen in more than a week. His family fears that he and his pickup were lost in the Payette River.