DAILY PRAYER REQUESTS
SATURDAY AUGUST 12
The Lord will command His loving kindness in the daytime, and in the night His song shall be with me—a prayer unto the God of my life. -Psalm 42: 8.
In this psalm David does more than remind us of God's ever-present availability. He also delivers a metaphor regarding our relationship with Christ in both easy times and those that bring great challenges. Whether we're walking in sunshine, so to speak, or groping in darkness, our God is there, worthy of praise. Let His past provisions inspire your future hopes. Make songs of gladness the "prayer of your life."
- Please pray that God will give Melanie an abundance of wisdom. She has finally made it to the top of a waiting list for an affordable apartment but she is unsure about moving. Right now she rents a room from her mom. It’s a stressful situation but she isn’t sure if God wants her to move. If she doesn’t decide to take the apartment soon, her name will move to the bottom of the list again. Pray that she knows what to do. If she does stay with her mom, God will have to give her an abundance of grace and the power to forgive.
- Please continue to pray for Don and Kathy Hammond. He is not doing well since experiencing a frontal lobe brain bleed a while ago. Hospice is coming to the home to help but there’s still a lot for them to deal with. Pray for God’s strength and comfort for Kathy and healing for Don. They’ve asked for daily prayer until he improves.
- Please pray for Greg who struggles with anxiety. He asked that we pray that God will help him pay the hospital bills he cannot pay. Ask God to give him an abundance of peace and relief from this burden. He is especially afraid hat his wages will be garnished and he won’t be able to support himself.
- Continue to pray for Ales and Whitney our missionaries in Slovenia. As you know they have custody of Whitney’s young niece and nephew, three children of their own and a busy ministry. They ask that we pray specifically for their marriage to stay strong and serve as an example to others in their congregation who are struggling. They also need prayer for all the changes associated with rapidly expanding their family, as well as the switch to a new American home-school curriculum for Whitney and the kids while making Slovene their primary language to assist with the American kids’ transition. Pray that Whitney’s sister, the children’s mom, will progress in her attempt to leave a harmful lifestyle and allow Jesus to be her Lord and Savior. Finally, pray for Ales and the elders and they chart the next year of ministry.
- Charlene has a cancerous growth and needs healing. Pray that God would remove any fear and replace it with a deep faith in Him.
- Sam who is 20 years old and going to school full time needs to find a new home for her male husky, Koda. She isn’t home enough to give him the attention he craves. Pray that she will be able to find the right family to care for him and that in some way this glorifies God.
- Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.
- Pray for the various rescue mission ministries in the valley to be effective in sharing the Gospel and changing lives.
The following is an anonymous requests:
- I’m torn between two different paths in life and need God’s wisdom and guidance. I usually find it very difficult to hear His voice, if ever, and need prayer in being able to hear Him.
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us, and if we know that He hears us, we know we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. - I John 5:14-15