DAILY PRAYER REQUESTS
Sunday August 13, 2017
WORDS OF WISDOM
“Then he said, oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak but once more.”-Genesis 18:32.
In approaching God on behalf of his nephew, Lot, Abraham gives us an excellent example of intercession. Abraham knew Sodom and Gomorrah were scheduled for destruction. He also knew that his nephew lived there, prospering among some of the most evil people ever to inhabit the planet. He loved his nephew and so he pleaded for Sodom's deliverance from the coming devastation - - -not once, not twice but six times. He began by asking God to spare the city for the sake of fifty righteous people and concluded with a request that the disaster be averted if only ten decent folks were found there. With each subsequent plea Abraham was increasingly aware of the depravity of Sodom and the good grace of God. He kept asking that the city be spared. Instead, God rescued the members of Lot's family from the fire and brimstone that leveled the place. God knew Abraham's deepest desires. Abraham was not allied with the wickedness of Sodom. Abraham really wanted his nephew's safety. God honored the selfless desire of Abraham's heart. Remember this when the solution you want seems to take a detour. God knows best--always.
- Please pray for Rico, a California man who is starting an organization for cancer survivors. Pray that all he does will glorify God.
- Please continue to pray for Don and Kathy Hammond. He is not doing well since experiencing a frontal lobe brain bleed a while ago. Hospice is coming to the home to help but there’s still a lot for them to deal with. Pray for God’s strength and comfort for Kathy and healing for Don. They’ve asked for daily prayer until he improves.
- Pray that Danny’s back would be healed.
The following are anonymous requests:
- Please pray for the lost to be found by Jesus and feel His love and accept salvation only found in Him. Specifically pray for my sister Brenda, husband Alvin and son Alex.
- Continued to pray for the new addiction treatment program being launched.
- Pray that God would bless my children and my best friend Ryan, Tony and Rob,
- Pray that the Lord would send me a female companion about my own age to celebrate the good things I’ve done as far as growing in confidence and hope in the Lord.
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us, and if we know that He hears us, we know we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. - I John 5:14-15