DAILY PRAYER REQUESTS
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 9
And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.-Mark 11: 25.
God loves us so much! He knows that harboring bitterness towards others is as the old saying goes, "like drinking acid and expecting somebody else to die." Failing to forgive hurts us and deprives us of our ability to live like Jesus who forgives everyone for even the most detestable offenses. It separates us from the heart of God and makes it impossible for us to show His great love to a fallen world. However, when we do ask God to help us get over the things that offend us, He always comes to the rescue. Today, don't hide the things that you carry against others. Talk to the Lord about each and every wound and hurt. He'll pick up your load and show you what to do next. Praise Him for His willingness to continue to deal with the sins of the world----the ones you commit and the ones committed against you.
- Anthony Harper, publisher of the Intermountain Christian News, asks that we pray he is able to obtain the interviews he is seeking from: Prime Minister Netanyahu, President Trump, Vice President Pence, U.N Ambassador Nikki Haley and Israeli Ambassador Daniel Damon.
- Pray for Jesekah to grow in her knowledge of Jesus and love for Him. Pray that He will lead and guide her no matter what she is facing.
- Pray for John, who has Stage Four Metastatic Prostate cancer that has spread to his spine/brain/ribs. He cannot walk very well and the prognosis is not good. Pray that his relationship with Jesus grows deeper by the day and that he will be sustained by the Lord’s comfort, mercy and grace.
- Nancy asks that we please pray that her Social Security check and pension checks arrive in time for her to pay her bills. She also wants prayer for her sister-in-law, Rita who has many health problems.
The following are anonymous requests:
- Please pray for my new life as a Christian.
- Pray for our nation’s service members. Ask God to go with them.
- Pray for my little brother and my sister that we can communicate with them. Pray that Jesus will heal our relationship and be glorified in our lives.
- Pray for my friend Livia who just had surgery to be comforted and healed. Pray that she comes to know Jesus in a deeper way.
- Pray for a safe trip to Mountain Home and a safe weekend.
- Please pray for my family. We are struggling. Also pray for my foot to be healed.
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us, and if we know that He hears us, we know we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. - I John 5:14-15