DAILY PRAYER REQUESTS
MONDAY AUGUST 7
In Gibeon the Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream by night; and God said, Ask what shall I give you. 1 Kings 3:5.
Remember God wants to hear from you. Always. His will for His family includes ongoing prayer. “Pray without ceasing,” He says (I Thess. 5:16). He keeps the lines of communication constantly open and yet, we too often forget His availability and ignore His mercy and grace. When we're up to our neck in the muck of this world, when we've jumped into a puddle of sin, when we're discouraged, or simply sad, He wants us to run to Him. So, if you're feeling dry and distant today remember the words of that great hero of faith Charles Spurgeon,"though my words fail me and my heart itself will wander, yet I will still stammer out the wishes of my hungering soul and say, O God, at least teach me to pray and help me to prevail with You."
- Pray that Joy’s heart is softened toward her niece.
- Please keep praying for Don Hammond and his family. He continues to have extreme headaches that cause great pain and difficulty from nausea. Hospice is working with him at his home to help him overcome this new development. Also pray for Kathy, his wife and caregiver, to be strengthened and encouraged.
- Continue to pray for Amy Johnson’s 76-year-old mom, Sally. She has been diagnosed with aphasia. Pray that doctors find a way to help her soon. She is the primary caregiver for her husband who has Alzheimer’s disease and is also very involved in the care of Amy’s elderly grandparents.
The following are anonymous requests:
- My husband and I are in bankruptcy. Please pray that we will continue to walk in faith and God will open doors for us. Pray also we will have his peace in all of this and He will be glorified!
- Pray that the fire season will pass without too much destruction. Pray that the Lord protects firefighters.
- Pray for all those who are traveling this summer to know that no matter where they go God is there. Ask that they be kept safe.
- Please pray for my complete physical healing.
- Pray for our marriage to heal. Ask God to help us forgive each other and to bring us peace and harmony. Pray that we will have good direction to bring us closer to the Lord’s will.
- Pray that my daughter finds a place for her business. Also, my son and his wife are expecting a baby in March. Pray for healthy pregnancy and a new home. They need to find a bigger place that will accommodate their growing family.
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us, and if we know that He hears us, we know we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. - I John 5:14-15