DAILY PRAYER REQUESTS
SUNDAY AUGUST 6
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. -Philippians 4:8
Jesus made it clear. This world is troublesome. We all endure conflict, heartache, sickness and more. Even reading these prayer needs can seem overwhelming. That's why it's wise to follow Paul's advice. Think about the good things in life. Think about God. What is better than Our Lord? He is true, noble, pure, virtuous and so much more. Best of all, by the power of His Holy Spirit, God imparts all those attributes to us, applying His goodness to our needs. That indeed is cause for praise and joy. And as we know from Nehemiah 8:10 when we rejoice in our God, we are strong.
- Continue to pray for Faithe to get better and for the Lord to meet all of her needs.
- Please pray for two-month-old Adelynn June. She has been in the hospital since she was two weeks old. She has already had one heart surgery and has been improving ever since. She now has a G-tube for feeding to help her grow. Doctors hope she will be able to go home in a few days. Please pray that there will be no further complications and that God gives peace, strength and comfort tor her parents, Jessica and Bill.
- Pray for Blake who has a second interview with a major law firm. Ask that God will give him courage and wisdom during the interview process and that if it is God’s will he will get the job.
- We’ve been praying for Don Hammond for several months. He is currently in a great deal of pain and has some new issues related to the bleeding on the brain he experienced a while back. The doctor suggested that instead of his wife, Kathy, continually taking him to ER, hospice should get involved. Please pray that Hospice is approved and that Don can get appropriate care. Pray for God’s perfect will to be done and for Don to be healed
- A few weeks ago we prayed for Andrea and her husband who were hoping to adopt a child but needed help in preparing their home for the evaluator’s visit. It needs a facelift before it will look clean enough to pass inspection, (new paint, carpet, etc.) Funds are not available for those projects. They are also experiencing car problems that will be a financial drain. This also adds to their stress. Please pray that they will be overwhelmed with God’s peace and will relinquish the entire situation into His capable hands. Pray that Christ will be glorified in every aspect of this situation.
The following are anonymous requests:
- Please pray for our family. Last week my husband lost his job. I have a small business making a product that I sell at the Farmer’s market. It is our only source of income right now. My mother, who has been our greatest prayer warrior, is now battling a very aggressive form of Alzheimer’s disease. I am feeling overwhelmed. We need wisdom and faith and direction. Pray that God will be glorified in all of this.
- Please pray for my sister. She is in a mental hospital because she asked for doctor-assisted suicide, but will be released soon. She is still insisting she doesn't have a reason to live. She carries a lot of guilt regarding past circumstances that were beyond her control and has been diagnosed with depression. She was a strong believer as a little girl but has since decided there is no God - just heaven. Pray she will see His truth and learn to accept this tragedy for what it is.
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us, and if we know that He hears us, we know we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. - I John 5:14-15