DAILY PRAYER REQUESTS
“The Lord has heard my supplication.”-Psalm 6: 9.
The Holy Spirit worked into the Psalmist’s mind the confidence that his prayer was heard. This is frequently the privilege of the saints. Praying the prayer of faith, they are often infallibly assured that they have prevailed with God. We read that Martin Luther on one occasion after wrestling hard with God in prayer came leaping out of his closet crying, “vicimus, vicimus;” that is, “We have conquered, we have prevailed with God.” Assured confidence is no idle dream, for when the Holy Ghost bestows it upon us, we know it is real, and cannot doubt it, even though all men deride our boldness.
About the Author: Charles Hadley Spurgeon, known as the English “Prince of Preachers”, was and still is a major influence in Bible-believing Christian churches. He preached to more than 10-million people during his life and was the prolific author of commentaries, books, devotionals, poetry, hymns and other works. He lived from 1834 until 1892.
- Please continue to pray for Faithe who had surgery on her leg last week. Ask that God will provide all her needs.
- Please pray for God’s guidance, wisdom and peace to infuse Melanie and calm the storm that rages inside her over work issues.
- Maribeth is having shoulder surgery on Tuesday August 1. Please pray that the doctors will be guided by God’s own hand and that she will have a speedy and full recovery. Ask that the Lord be glorified throughout the situation.
- Please pray for Katie whose marriage ended in divorce this week, despite her best efforts to sustain the relationship. Pray that God ministers to her broken heart and shows her how He will use this to further her Christian growth and bless many.
- Please pray for my 89-year-old, mother-in-law, Elsie, who is going through a battery of consultations and tests prior to a much needed heart valve replacement. Ask that God’s will be done and that she would draw close to Jesus and trust in Him during this time.
- Please pray that God sends Michelle the right roommate. She recently purchased a lovely townhome and is praying for a Christian woman to share it with her. Price is very economical. Fellowship highly valued.
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us, and if we know that He hears us, we know we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. - I John 5:14-15