DAILY PRAYER REQUESTS
TUESDAY JULY 18, 2017
WORDS OF WISDOM
“And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of Truth whom the world cannot receive.”-John 14: 16, 17.
Today, like every day, will be a struggle between the your way and God's way. As much as we try to align ourselves completely with His will, there will be moments when we all decide that we're smart enough, and strong enough to act on our own. We may not even realize it when we push the Holy Spirit into a box, slam the lid and "take a break" from the Christian life. It's never a good idea to depart from the most powerful Helper we'll ever know. So, when the inclination to have a "little me time" comes tiptoeing into your head or heart, remember, "It is the Spirit that gives life. The flesh profits nothing." (John 6:63). Let the Spirit lead.
- Pray for baby Evelyn who has had respiratory problems since birth. Ask the Lord to heal her.
- Pray for healing and salvation for Iyiri a teenage girl who suffers from seizures.
- Pray for the Youth Group’s Fat Wednesday outing to Sandy Point. Pray that the Lord will be glorified as the kids have fun and grow in their personal faith.
- Pray for the mid-week service Wednesday night at Calvary Boise and the discussion panel that will explore issues of sexuality as presented in the Book of Romans.
- Pray for Thomas R. who needs a place to live. He can pay $500 a month including utilities and is praying that a nice, Christian man is looking for a roommate. Ask that God will provide for this need and will also meet all of Thomas’s financial requirements.
- Begin praying for our annual church picnic August 20. We are doing things differently this year. There will be one worship service at 11:15 at Julia Davis Park. The picnic and baptism will follow. Pray that we will come together as a big family to celebrate our Lord and the gift of His salvation. Ask that God will call the right volunteers and that they will respond with joy. Pray for the people who will be baptized. Ask that they will be firmly established in their faith.
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us, and if we know that He hears us, we know we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. - I John 5:14-15