DAILY PRAYER REQUESTS
FRIDAY JULY 14, 2017
Abraham stood still before the Lord. -Genesis 18: 22.
When was the last time you stood still? It's not always easy to stop what we're doing because we are always doing something. Often we are doing several "somethings" all at once. Because we are people trapped in a time, space continuum, we think time is really really important. Sure, God does call us to make the most of the lives He has given us. But if we sacrifice our time alone with the Lord on the altar of busy behavior, we've missed the point. We are called to live for God and to allow Him to live in and through us. We can't know the details of what that means if we allow life in our own personal fast lane to supersede the ability to stand, quietly, listening for the voice of our Lord.
UPDATE REGARDING JOHN SCOTT:
- Wednesday night we had an urgent prayer request regarding John Scott a young man who had been shot in the abdomen at close range. He is making great strides. There is damage to some organs especially the liver. So please continue to pray. Also pray for his grandmother, Shirley, who was diagnosed with Stage Four Ovarian Cancer on Thursday.
- Denise asks that we pray that God will heal her marriage. She and her husband both struggle with anger issues and have a hard time leaving the past behind. Ask that the chains of bitterness will be broken and that they will reconcile. Also pray for their financial needs. They need healing and a miracle.
The following are anonymous requests:
- A woman asks that we pray for the total healing of her left hand.
- A mom asks that we pray for her three daughters to accept Jesus as their personal Savior and to hate their worldly ways.
- Please pray for someone who desperately wants God’s direction in life. Ask God to show the way to His perfect plan and purpose.
- Please pray for my daughter and her business. She needs to move to a new area. Ask that God would open doors and direct her every step. Pray that she would give Him glory in all that happens.
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us, and if we know that He hears us, we know we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. - I John 5:14-15