DAILY PRAYER REQUESTS
WORDS OF WISDOM
July 13, 2017
Pray without ceasing. I Thessalonians 5:17.
Well, that seems pretty impossible, does it not? We live in a fast-paced culture where multi-tasking achieves art form status. Haven't we all seen drivers, seemingly adept at steering with their knees, while simultaneously eating breakfast, applying makeup and/or using a cell phone. It's hard to find 15 minutes of silence to petition the Lord in prayer. Are we all to run off to monasteries? Is this verse reserved for distant history? Not at all. We all have inner sanctums of private thought. Throughout our waking moments we can choose to focus on the things of God or the things of the world. Every day can be devoted to private conversations with our Lord. We can consistently find reasons to praise His goodness or to seek His will. When ongoing, personal communion with our Maker becomes as natural as breathing we find that we are indeed "praying without ceasing."
- A few weeks ago we prayed for a young woman who had a court date. She entered a guilty plea and her sentencing is July 31. Please pray for God’s will to be done, that He will direct her future and that He will lead and guide her family. Pray for a revelation of God’s love, goodness and salvation in her life.
- Pray for the family of Trudy who passed away on Monday. Ask God to give them a spirit of peace and unity and above all a deeper faith in Jesus as they deal with the aftermath of her loss.
- Please pray for Pastor Mark Dyrud’s family. Mark is our Resident Pastor for Community Life and also manages the Thrift Store. His wife Lizzie is speaking at the Women’s Summer Picnic next week and she’s been under the weather, and now their son has a fever. They have to travel to McCall for a wedding this weekend and need prayer for good health, strength, wisdom, and Lizzie’s preparation time for the picnic presentation. Pray that the Lord will bless them mightily.
- Pray for Rod to have godly wisdom for his business.
- Saul Alvarez, our missionary in Tepic, Mexico, asks that we pray for his mother-in-law, who is sick. Also pray for Jose, a homeless man, who Saul's church has been ministering to since he was hit by a car. They currently don’t know where he is. Pray that they will find him safe and sound.
- Please pray for members of our Board of Elders: Paul Teel, John Meyer, Tom Velasco, Joe Bucklew and Monte Eldfrick to be men of great wisdom, discernment, prayer and joy.