DAILY PRAYER REQUESTS
“He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.”-Psalm 91:1.
Think about that image. There is a secret place that only you and God know about---a safe, protected place where you are always welcome to meet with the strongest entity in the universe. God is all-powerful. He possesses the ability to speak universes into existence, and yet, He waits, ever ready to shield you and me and each of His children from the troubles of this hard world. Why, then, do we often consider prayer our last resort--the avenue we pursue when we've run out of our own ideas? Today, make spending time under His shadow a joyful priority. Rejoice in the privilege of prayer.
- Please pray for Kayla who is pregnant with her first child and has kidney stones. The doctor is suggesting that she stop working for the rest of her pregnancy unless she discards the stones on her own before the baby is born. Pray for God’s healing touch and for Kayla to be aware that it is only God who has a perfect plan for her and her child. Pray that she will grow closer to Jesus during this difficult time.
- Please continue to pray for Matty Grant who is fighting a bladder/urinary tract infection that went untreated because the test sample in was correctly processed. Matty is not feeling well and even though he is now getting treatment he is not sleeping and his mom is concerned that he might develop a kidney infection. Please pray for healing and that his body will handle the antibiotics well and that this family, that has been through so much, can avoid a bad infection and another hospital stay.
- Also pray for the entire Grant family. During a recent checkup doctors discovered that Amber has abnormal uterine polyps and an ovarian cyst. She will have a biopsy soon. Pray that her health does not become an issue.
PRAISE REPORT FROM THE GRANTS
- Amber Grant also asks that we rejoice with her because her family has found a very good nurse for Matthew. This means that Amber and Jason are sometimes free to spend time together without the boys. Plus, Amber has been able to exercise and to cook healthful food. She is praising God for a season of (relative) rest.
- Please pray for Trudy, an elderly woman who is currently hospitalized with internal bleeding from an unknown source. Ask that the doctors will have wisdom and that God’s will is done in her life. Ask that she is at peace and comforted by the Lord’s presence and drawn into a deeper relationship with Him because of this situation.
- Please continue to pray for Jason and Krisy Zweigle’s new son who is having some health issues. Ask that the Lord will heal him completely and that he will have a smooth transition to American life.
- Please pray for a family dealing with a lot of pain—physical and emotional. The husband is suffering with sciatica and severe back pain. The wife recently returned from visiting family and the trip opened a lot of wounds and caused some discord between her, her father and her sister. She is at a loss as to what to do next regarding these relationships. Please pray that her husband’s back is totally healed and that the Lord will give her great wisdom and discernment regarding how to proceed with her family situation.
- Please continue to pray that God’s people will be united in their faith and that petty differences will not divide them and cause the church to be ineffective. Ask that we will stand together seeking revival in our church family.
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us, and if we know that He hears us, we know we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. - I John 5:14-15