DAILY PRAYER REQUESTS
And may the Lord do that which is good in His sight. I Chronicles 19:13
What a smart prayer that is. God's sight knows no limits. He sees the future as clearly as we see the present. He views the depth of each human's heart, with its unique pride and pain, better than we can observe whatever's before our eyes right now. His vision is never clouded by any of the petty emotions--fear, anger, hurt--that so often cause us to misperceive our own experiences. We can trust Him, no matter what He puts before us, because His perception is flawless, just like His plans for us today.
- Pray for our church receptionist Alyssa whose pregnancy is now in the third trimester. Her daughter Zimmerlee has been diagnosed with a condition that makes it impossible for her to survive beyond the womb. Pray that Alyssa and her husband Dan will continue to walk in God’s grace during this challenging situation. Pray too that they will know that Zimmerlee’s brief life has been a huge testimony to many.
- Pray for Alyssa’s sister Insley who is also pregnant and is currently suffering with several kidney stones. Pray that they will pass quickly. Insley has also had some challenges in her pregnancy. Pray that God continues to protect her and her child.
- Pray for a young man who has chosen a wrong life-style. His mother is praying and broken for him. Pray that he allows Jesus to reveal truth to him and pray too for his mother who is going through untold agony over his poor decisions.
- An anonymous person asks for “prayers for my stepson” who arrived at Marine Corp boot camp last week. Pray he digs deep and trusts in God to get him through it. Pray that in the end he will come out a better man and that God lends him His strength and determination. Pray he stays healthy and doesn’t get hurt.
- Pray for Dody, who has been diagnosed with cancer, and given just six months to a year to live. Her husband is incarcerated for domestic violence, although Dody said the charges are false. Her husband is unaware of her condition. Please pray that Dody’s health is restored and that her husband will be released. Above all, pray that they will come to know Jesus better and that they will praise and glorify Him for what He has already done and will continue to do in their lives.
- Please pray for Mike Naglia, a missionary who is visiting the States with his kids while his wife remained in Ireland, where they serve. While running, earlier this week, he was hit by a car going 50 miles per hour. He is alive and awake but has probably cracked a vertebra. Please pray for his complete and rapid healing and that he will be a great witness to everyone he encounters.
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us, and if we know that He hears us, we know we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.
- I John 5:14-15