DAILY PRAYER REQUESTS
June 18, 2017
. . . Then Samuel cried out to the Lord for Israel; and the Lord answered him . . .The Lord thundered with a great thunder upon the Philistines that day and so confused them that they were overcome before Israel. And the men of Israel went out of Mizpah, and pursued the Philistines and drove them back as far as below Beth Car. – I Samuel 7: 9-11.
Sometimes I wonder if we really know who we're talking to when we pray. God is powerful, wise, just and good. He can do anything He pleases and because He loves us so much He pleases to give us the best in life. Sometimes it seems like the odds are against us and we can't see a way beyond our difficult circumstances. That's just how the Israelites felt when the fierce Philistines threatened their very existence. They didn't know what to do. So, they prayed. And God sent a terrifying thunder that so frightened the mighty Philistines they scattered like roaches. The God who does not change won the battle. He is still fighting for people today. That's why we can relax and trust Him with the following requests:
- R. asks that we pray that God helps meet all the conditions necessary to get off of probation early. He needs strength to be live a godly life and God’s provision to find affordable home. He also needs help accepting God’s love.
- Sevana, a member of our church family is of Armenian descent and asks that we pray for a revival among this people group. Armenians have been persecuted for their faith throughout history and were the subject of a horrific genocide at the hands of the Turks in the early 20th century. As a result many Armenians identify strongly as Christians but sadly they do not always have a strong personal faith in Jesus. Sevana is part of a local Armenian group and administers a FB page with more than 100 Armenian followers. She hopes to soon start a women’s Bible study among the members and asks that we pray fervently for its success and for a powerful local revival among the Armenian community.
- Please pray for Tom who is back east tending to the health needs of his 89-year-old mom Elsie. His back went out on the long, red-eye flight and he is in considerable pain. Pray that he heals quickly. Pray that God’s will be done regarding the possibility of heart surgery for Elsie and that she will know the depth of Christ’s love for her.
- Cindy volunteers with the Children’s Ministry. She just had extensive neck surgery. Please pray that the Lord ministers to her every need during the recovery process and that she feels His comforting presence and grows closer to Him every day.
- Pastor Rhett who leads our Children’s Ministry asks that we continue to pray for more people to get involved. Cause them to know that it is a great blessing to minister to these kids. Today, many people will have the opportunity during announcements to volunteer. Please pray that God will provide people to faithfully serve this Summer during our Wednesday night and Saturday night children’s ministry services. With many people gone or taking a break for the Summer, we are seeing a need for a few wonderful people to help strengthen our Children’s Ministry team.
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His name, He hears us, and if we know that He hears us, we know we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. - I John 5:14-15