April 26, 2019 to April 28, 2019
6:00pm – 1:00pm
Location: 1440 Warren Wagon Rd, McCall, ID 83638Category: Women's Ministry
"She is Wise"
Ladies please join us at Quaker Hill in McCall for a precious weekend of reflection on the Lord's Word, fellowship, sisterhood, and worship. We will be offering time together, delicious food, hiking, walking, and relaxing while bonding together in Jesus' love. Join us for words of wisdom from Kim Davis, based on Proverbs 31, discussing how we can apply God’s instruction on how to live the life He wants for us.
Cost is $125 per person.
Kim Davis was a young mom when she came to know Jesus as her Lord and Savior. Since then she and her husband Dan have served in various roles, including serving at Calvary Boise for 12 years. God called Dan and Kim to start a church in Mountain Home in 2000, and it has been their joy to serve at Calvary Chapel Mountain Home ever since. Kim is a mother to six wonderful children and grandma to two of the sweetest kids on the planet. In her free time, she loves reading books, going for walks, and snuggling her two dogs and one kitty. She has more than 20 years’ experience encouraging and teaching women, and has a passion to help every woman experience the freedom of the grace of God in their lives.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the address of the retreat center Quaker Hill?
- Quaker Hill is located at 1440 Warren Wagon Rd, McCall, ID 83638
I would like to carpool, how do I do this?
We have created a carpool group that you can join as a driver or a rider. You can access it by clicking this link https://www.groupcarpool.com/t/u8nat4
- Drivers: Please click the blue car to add your name to the list. Make sure to include the address of where you are meeting, your cell phone number, the time you are departing and the number of seats you have available. By including your email you ensure that you will receive a notification whenever someone signs up to ride with you.
- Riders: Please click the green join car and add yourself to a car. Make sure to note what time and where you will be meeting for your carpool. It is helpful to write down or save the driver’s phone number. The driver will be notified that you have joined their carpool.
When I get to Quaker Hill where do I go?
- Upon arrival we will have a team of ladies prepared to help direct you in parking, unloading, and welcoming you to the retreat.
What time should I arrive? Can I arrive early?
- Registration at Quaker Hill is from 4:00-6:00 pm on Friday, April 26. We respectfully ask that you do not show up prior to 4:00 pm. We were blessed to have all of our Set Up volunteer positions filled so if you signed up for that, you will receive communication from your Team Lead shortly.
I want to room with friends. How do I make sure we can room together?
- We do advise that you arrive together if you are coming with friends because our rooms are available on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED basis. If you have people you want to room with, make sure they save you a bed if they get there first. We are not assigning rooms, but we will have rooms designated for Nursing Mommas, Early Birds, and Night Owls, all available on a first come, first served basis.
What happens after I get to Quaker Hill?
- Once you have parked, unloaded, and made your way into the registration area, you will be given your nametag and a special gift from Women's Ministry. You will then be asked to leave your mug and food (more on this to come) at the designated spot and then make your way to find your room.
Will dinner be provided on Friday Night?
- We will be having a potluck Friday night so find your assigned dish below and have that ready to hand off to one of our precious "Food Runners" upon registration. We highly recommend you bring your food in a disposable dish because Quaker Hill does not allow us entry into their kitchen area to wash dishes. We may be able to rinse, but not wash. Make sure you label anything you want returned to you.
- Items to bring (by last name):
A-I salad or side dish
J-Q chip & dip or cheese and cracker plate
Is there anything special I need to bring with me?
We will be doing a Mug Exchange this year! Please bring a lovely new mug for the exchange. We ask that you choose a verse to write down and place inside the mug and that you pray over the mug and whoever will receive it. We will provide gift bags, and will take care of that for you upon registration. The mugs will then be distributed after our first session on Friday night and you will have all weekend to find your "Mug Mate."
Is there going to be free time at the retreat and if so what kinds of activities will there be to do during free time?
- During this free time you are literally free to spend it as you please. On site we will have a library of books available, water colors and paint supplies, and nail painting. Some other suggestions are to take a hike or walk, head into McCall for some girl time, or head to Donnelly to the Hot Springs. If you choose to Hot Spring it, don't forget your bathing suit!!
What should I pack?
- Sleeping Bag
- Bath towel and wash cloth
- Hair care products including blow dryer, straightener, etc.
- Warm PJs (It is April in McCall so it could still be snowy out there!)
- Heavy coat (See the above note)
- Pretty new mug for mug exchange
- Assigned dish for Friday night based on your last name: A-I side dish/salad; J-P chips & dip or cheese & cracker plate; Q-Z dessert
- Bathing suit if you want to hit the Hot Springs during Free Time
- Books if you would like to read during Free Time
- Extra socks
- Ear plugs
Once more, there could be snow up there so make sure you have warm clothes and shoes suitable for snowy/muddy/wet conditions!
What will the schedule be for the weekend?
4 pm Registration
6 pm Icebreaker in dining hall
6:30 pm Dinner
7:30 pm Session 1
Worship & Intro
7:45 am Prayer in Sanctuary (optional)
8:30 am Breakfast
9:30 am Session 2
10:45 am Breakout Sessions
12:00 pm Lunch
1:00 pm Free Time
6:00 pm Dinner
7:00 pm Session 3
7:45 am Prayer in Sanctuary (optional)
8:30 am Breakfast
9:30 am Session 4
11 am Pack up to Leave
Suggestions for Free Time:
- Watercolor painting
- Skate at Ice Rink in McCall
- Zipline at Quaker Hill
- Gold Fork Hot Springs (Donnelly)
- Brundage Mountain Skiing
- Shopping in town (McCall)
- Hike/Walk at 1:00 pm
- Prayer Time in chapel at 4:30 pm